Monday, September 30, 2013

Post-Test Processing

What do you do when some students show mastery of content on a test and others demonstrate little to no understanding of what you have been teaching for the last month?  As a social studies teacher, I have found that this scenario is common in my classroom.  I cannot just move on to the next unit when some of my kids have not demonstrated that they have met our learning goals.  This is where my Post Test Processing activity comes in.

Besides the test question corrections, this activity also gives students the opportunity to self-assess their studying efforts and reflect on what part(s) of the test they most struggled with.  I also get some pretty creative thoughts in the Open Mic section! :)

Are there any post-test activities you do with your students?

-Mrs. K

No comments:

Post a Comment