Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Proud Election Week!


Week 4, I can’t believe I am almost a month into school! The first tests are almost here and projects are due this coming week; we are officially back in business. Along with the tests, sports, service projects, and clubs are also beginning. Last week my school held Student Council elections. I am the faculty member in charge of facilitating Student Council which proved to be a busy week as students campaigned with posters, handed out plenty of stickers, and ended the week with inspiring  speeches. One of my favorite ways to get to know my students is by leading clubs that my students have taken a passionate interest in.


I am impressed how responsible my middle school students are. I was very proud of the results when I tallied up the votes and saw who my students had elected. Naturally, I was worried it would result in a popularity contest rather than an election of who would best represent the student body. However, my students that were elected will all do a great job representing our school. I cannot wait to get started with our first meeting and to appreciate the many ideas and projects the students come up with.


Working with my students outside of academic classes has propelled me to get to know my students and their interests. I’m most proud when my students take on a leadership role and have discussions that don’t normally occur in math class. They never cease to amaze me with their new ideas and projects that they choose to undertake. Addressing the dress code with administration and encouraging kindness throughout the school are examples of my students’ willingness to contribute. Their ideas for raising money for the club have also impressed me. I am so grateful for the opportunity to take on this role with my students.

How do you get a chance to know your students outside of class? Do your students make you as proud as mine make me?


-Ms. H

No comments:

Post a Comment